Nutritional Management; Managing nutrition is critical for the prevention of type 2 diabetes and the effective management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The goal is for people with diabetes to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to make decisions appropriate to reduce risk, improve glycemic control and quality of life.
With new diagnostic criteria planned to increase the number of people diagnosed with diabetes in the UK by one-third, evidence-based evidence-based education will be an effective way to save on medical costs for prescription drugs.
1. Nutrition therapy has led to 1-2 percent reductions in HbA1c in people with newly diagnosed and existing type 2 diabetes.
2. Dietary interventions can improve glycemic control while also stopping and even reversing the progression of beta-cell failure and insulin resistance, thus reducing the use of medications in type 2 diabetes.
3. Nutrition therapy can result in reduced utilization of health services and costs, and savings may actually exceed the cost of providing the service.
4. Intensive nutrition therapy has led to weight loss and improved glycemic control at six months, 5 12 months3 and four years.
5. When insulin resistance dominates, weight loss is an effective strategy that increases insulin sensitivity by improving glycemic control.
Now, download the Yog Sadhana app on your Android Smartphone: – http://bit.ly/Yog-Sadhana-App
Video credits to Yog Sadhana YouTube channel