What is osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis. It is caused by the degeneration of the cartilage that protects the joints. The pain ratio is usually high at night. There may be a crack or snap in the joints during movement, due to the loss of cushioning that erodes.
Although osteoarthritis can affect and damage any joint in the body, it most often affects the joints of the hands, knees, hips and spine.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis can be managed effectively, although the process itself can not be reversed. Staying active, maintaining a healthy weight and a certain treatment methodology can delay the progression of the disease and help improve pain and joint function.
What are the symptoms of osteoarthritis?
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse over time. The signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis are:
• Sensitivity to pain caused by uniform light pressure
• Joint stiffness, especially in the morning or a period of inactivity
• Loss of joint flexibility that leads to limited range of motion
• Feeling of watering when the board is in use
• Formation of bone spurs
What are the causes of osteoarthritis?
The causes of osteoarthritis are
• Joint wear and tear
• Traumatic injuries in the cartilages
• Hereditary factors
• Age: people over 50 are generally more likely
Contact us below on any platform:
► GRAB Free Doctor Tele – Inquiry Now –
► Hospital website:
Send us an email – [email protected]
Contact us: + 91-9025-700-400 (Toll Free India)
Video credits to AVN Arogya Ayurvedic Hospital India YouTube channel